Stewardship Funding for Producers
Disclaimer While Alberta EFP does its best to ensure the below information is up to date, we accept no responsibility for missing or incorrect information. The information provided on this page is derived from information from the Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change – Producer section of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership website. We strongly recommend you check the government website before beginning the application process. We strongly recommend you go to the Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change – Producer page for eligibility information and other important details, or call Call 310-FARM (3276) or email email@example.com.
Access to funds within the Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change – Producer program requires a current Environmental Farm Plan. If you have completed an EFP and have a certificate, please include it with your application. If you have completed an EFP since December 15th, 2009 and do not have a certificate, one can be provided by contacting the EFP Program. If you have completed an EFP prior to December 15th, 2009 and do not have a certificate, you will need to start an EFP.
This Program helps producers implement projects and management practices that reduce negative environmental impacts and enhance sustainable production. Funding is available in three categories that can influence these areas. It is important to note that each category has its own application form. Identifying the project(s) you wish to carry out and confirming your eligibility for funding are both required prior to filling out an application.
You can check out the Funding List here.
Category A: Grazing Management. If approved, these are covered at a 30%, 50%, or 70% cost share.
• Activity Code 101 – Riparian Area Fencing and Management
• Activity Code 102 – Year Round/Summer Watering Systems
• Activity Code 103 – Watercourse Crossings
• Activity Code 104 – Grazing Management Strategies/ or Innovative Solutions
Category B: Manure and Livestock Facilities Management. If approved, these are covered at a 30%, 50%, or 70% cost share.
• Activity Code 201 – Engineering Investigation &/or Feasibility Assessment
• Activity Code 202 – Construction or Upgrade of a Surface Water Management System
• Activity Code 203 – Improved Manure Storage Facilities
• Activity Code 204 – Relocation of a Livestock Facility and Permanent Wintering Site or Confined Feeding Operation
• Activity Code 205 – Improved Land Application of Manure
• Activity Code 206 – Manure & Livestock Facilities Management Strategies/ or Innovative Solutions
Category C: Agricultural Input & Waste Management If approved, these are covered at a 30%, 50%, or 70% cost share.
• Activity Code 301 – Improved Pesticide Management
• Activity Code 302 – Improved Nutrient Management
• Activity Code 303 – Plastic Rollers
• Activity Code 304 – Shelterbelts
• Activity Code 305 – Wetland Assessments
• Activity Code 306 – Agricultural Input and Waste Management Strategies/ or Innovative Solutions